If there is a silver lining to the global pandemic we’re facing, it’s the public display of generosity we’ve seen on the news and in our social media feeds almost every day.
From large corporations to small-town businesses, companies and individuals are doing what they can to help us all make it through these never-before-seen days.
While you’ve probably stumbled across many on your own, here are ten resources available free now that weren’t just several weeks ago.
- HBO has made 500 hours of programming available for free for a limited time. Watch shows like The Sopranos, Veep, and The Wire, free.
- Pure Barre exercise studio is offering Pure Barre On Demand free for 30 days with code EXTENDEDTRIAL.
- Coursera is offering more than 400 free Ivy League courses for a limited time during the COVID-19 outbreak. Enroll by July 31, 2020.
- Scholastic is offering free, daily online courses on its recently launched “Learn at Home” website for students from pre-K to grades six and higher.
- Audible is giving kids everywhere instant access to an incredible collection of stories that will help them learn, dream, and just being kids.
- NFL Game Pass is offering free access until the end of May. Watch original programing and games from 2009 – 2019.
- PBS Learning Media now includes full films in its “Ken Burns in the Classroom” Hub. Enjoy The Civil War, The Dust Bowl, The War, The Roosevelts, Jazz, College Behind Bars, and The National Parks.
- Amazon is offering new and returning readers a two-month free subscription to Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited — a library with more than a million free titles.
- Sling TV is offering free access to select on-demand movies, television shows, and ABC News Live.
- PBS Kids, every parents’ first stop for commercial-free, education-focused programming, has temporarily removed the need to create a login to watch the PBS Kids app.
Enjoy these generous offers while you can! Some may remain free or discounted after the pandemic ends, but others are available for a limited time only.
On the local side remember to purchase gift cards from your small business, do curbside takeout from your favorite bar and restaurant.
If I can be of any help to you or your family during this time, please do not hesitate to call me.