Is the news on 24/7 in your home? Even if you turn off the television, your phone, computer, watch, or tablet still dings regularly with breaking news and alerts. It can be overwhelming and unsettling.
Take a break from the disheartening and check out these heartwarming stories. Let them remind you and your kids there is still good — much good — to be found amidst our current circumstances.
- John Krasinski from The Office launched a new YouTube channel called Some Good News to share positive stories from around the world. It’s definitely worth your time. Check out the inaugural 15-minute episode here.
- Hallmark is giving away two million greeting cards to encourage people to send a note to family, friends, and loved ones. Sign-up to receive your free 3-pack of greeting cards here while supplies last.
- Love knows no boundaries — literally. See how one elderly couple is enduring by meeting at the Germany-Denmark border for daily coffee dates.
- One London man accomplished his goal of running a half-marathon by running it entirely on his balcony — and he did it for a great cause.
- While much of the world is in upheaval, Mother Nature marches on with her usual springtime display. See it up close and personal with Explore.org Live Cams. Invite a momma eagle and her eaglets to join you for breakfast or welcome the puppies from the Warrior Canine Connection nursery to sit with you over lunch. You’ll be glad you did.
- Melissa and I are participating in a fundraiser 5k. Don’t worry you dont have to go anywhere, you can do it in your neighborhood or on your balcony like the guy from London. It’s pinned at the top of the FB page. Please make sure you take all the proper precautions when going out!
When you have a few minutes, take a look around your home, your neighborhood, and online and remember good news is still out there to be found — it may just take a little digging.
Send John a Message